Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Outside Reading 6 Post A

eloped- to run off secretly to be married, usually without the consent or knowledge of one's parents. (271)

imperious- domineering in a haughty manner; dictatorial; overbearing. (261)

"I lie motionless, savoring the feeling of her body against mine. I'm afraid to breathe in case I break the spell."(273) This quote is important to me because it shows that Jacob finally got what he wanted(Marlena) and he is afraid that it won't last. It shows him as a person who is constantly worried about the next thing and he can't just sit back and enjoy the ride. I interpret the "spell" as like a one night thing. Like he thinks the spell is something that only works once, so he'll never be with Marlena again. I just found that interesting i guess.

No comments: